1.9
Officially made it to day 9 with minimal suffering.
1.4 Took a vacation day on Friday to basically bake a bunch of things to eat on Sunday.
1.5 Saturday was a designated day-trip to the West side with the momma to visit the Frye Museum in Seattle, get refills on Korean groceries at H-mart, eat some yummy Korean food that we didn't have to make, and of course visit my brother to go shopping and spend some QT before his birthday.
1.6 Sunday was Christmas Eve dinner at Deb's house. While there was a gorgeous turkey, it was surprisingly easy to just enjoy the mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, corn, and all of the grazing snacks that normally I steer clear of to save room for the goods.
1.7 Monday was my designated cheat day. Despite how determined I am to be good for these 21 days, I refuse to give up Christmas Prime Rib a la Kyle. Call me weak!! I don't care!! It was glorious.... but if it means anything at all, I stayed veggies only until dinner. After dinner, we unwrapped presents and my, oh my! Deb got me the Brod & Taylor proofer and I can't even wait to start whipping up some goods! First things, first. Homemade soy yogurt. Wheeeeeeeee!!
1.8 Yesterday was my first day back out into the wild. I was a little nervous because all I had to take to work was some of my green goddess dressing and some bread that I baked for Christmas dinner. But the worry was for naught - the wild was closed. No cafeteria to entice me with yummy burritos or tacos or chicken soup or any of their fantastic comfort foods. Instead it was mostly wailing about how I would starve all day with my meager bread until my coworker Renee and I both remembered that we have stash drawers of emergency food like cans of soup! Thank baby Jesus I grabbed a few lentil soups the other day! Crisis averted. The only thing I'm noticing is that when I get home, I don't really want to cook vegetables and make a whole dish. So for dinner, I had raw veggies and chips. And I'm not sure the menu is going to deviate much from that for a while...until I can get off my ass and make the black bean burger recipe I've been eyeballing.
I'm hopeful that I'll start becoming more creative with my vegetarian cooking... but by then, it might be time to switch to my next challenge.
1.4 Took a vacation day on Friday to basically bake a bunch of things to eat on Sunday.
1.5 Saturday was a designated day-trip to the West side with the momma to visit the Frye Museum in Seattle, get refills on Korean groceries at H-mart, eat some yummy Korean food that we didn't have to make, and of course visit my brother to go shopping and spend some QT before his birthday.
1.6 Sunday was Christmas Eve dinner at Deb's house. While there was a gorgeous turkey, it was surprisingly easy to just enjoy the mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, corn, and all of the grazing snacks that normally I steer clear of to save room for the goods.
1.7 Monday was my designated cheat day. Despite how determined I am to be good for these 21 days, I refuse to give up Christmas Prime Rib a la Kyle. Call me weak!! I don't care!! It was glorious.... but if it means anything at all, I stayed veggies only until dinner. After dinner, we unwrapped presents and my, oh my! Deb got me the Brod & Taylor proofer and I can't even wait to start whipping up some goods! First things, first. Homemade soy yogurt. Wheeeeeeeee!!
1.8 Yesterday was my first day back out into the wild. I was a little nervous because all I had to take to work was some of my green goddess dressing and some bread that I baked for Christmas dinner. But the worry was for naught - the wild was closed. No cafeteria to entice me with yummy burritos or tacos or chicken soup or any of their fantastic comfort foods. Instead it was mostly wailing about how I would starve all day with my meager bread until my coworker Renee and I both remembered that we have stash drawers of emergency food like cans of soup! Thank baby Jesus I grabbed a few lentil soups the other day! Crisis averted. The only thing I'm noticing is that when I get home, I don't really want to cook vegetables and make a whole dish. So for dinner, I had raw veggies and chips. And I'm not sure the menu is going to deviate much from that for a while...until I can get off my ass and make the black bean burger recipe I've been eyeballing.
I'm hopeful that I'll start becoming more creative with my vegetarian cooking... but by then, it might be time to switch to my next challenge.
Comments
Post a Comment